Steering Committee for Barrier-Free Canada:
Brief bios of the steering committee members:
Donna Jodhan is the founder and chair of Barrier-Free Canada. She is passionate about making the world more accessible for the children of tomorrow. She works on removing barriers to education and job opportunities. In 2000, she started a charter challenge with the Federal Government to ensure that Canadian government websites are accessible to persons with disabilities, which culminated in a landmark victory in 2012. Donna is a motivational speaker, presenting to academic and professional audiences across Canada. She also takes on community leadership roles, and spreads her positive energy through motivational writing on her Sterling Creations blog.
- President, Sterling Creations, Toronto, Canada (since 1994)
- Past Communications Director of the Canadian Blind Sports Association
- Past President of the Alliance for Equality of Blind Canadians (AEBC)
- Member of the Elections Canada Advisory Group for Disability Issues since February 2014.
- Backbone Magazine – one of Top 15 Digital Media experts (2011)
- Council of Canadians with Disabilities (CCD) National award (2010)
- City of Toronto’s Unsung Hero Award (2008)
- IBM Innovation award – IBM Canada
- Royal Bank Training & Technology Appreciation award
I am a strong advocate for Persons with Disabilities. I have been involved in many advocacy organizations for the blind as well as cross disability organizations. I have been involved Nationally, regionally, and locally. I currently Chair the City of Saskatoon Accessibility committee for persons with Disabilities.
I have a degree in Social Work University of Regina, Personal Development rehabilitation Worker Certificate from Saskatchewan Institute Of Applied Arts and Science (Saskatoon campus)Assistive Technology Certificate from the California State university Northridge, and a Professional Certificate in Web Accessibility compliance from the university of South Australia (UniSA)
An advocate is like a catalyst that mixes with an ally and inspires empowerment
Anthony Tibbs is a lawyer at Merchant Law Group LLP in Montreal, Canada.
He is a graduate of McGill University of Montreal and practices both Civil and Common Law. Prior to this he completed a Bachelor of Commerce (Honours), graduating magna cum laude from the University of Ottawa. Anthony is also the Treasurer of Braille Literacy Canada, Chairman of Media Access Canada, and a past president of Alliance for the Equality of Blind Canadians.